Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They called me trying to get me in on their Groupon type deal.

I told them their prices are waaaay to cheap, and that they should stay out of the business of the businesses on their list.

I'm starting to get sick of all these companies trying to sell leads, Angies List, BBB, ServiceMagic, the list goes on.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
You gotta love this trend. Take no risk, do no work, and take half the gross. Its a genius business model. Proof positive that if good marketing is missing from a company, it costs a ton of money to make up on the tail end. I'd rather spend 5%, 10% or even 20% of my gross dollars and build my own presence. Its cheaper and far more sustainable.

·
Registered
310 Posts
How does angies list even work? All I know is I went to look myself up and the clowns wanted to charge me X amount of dollars and I never went back.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cappaint said:
How does angies list even work? All I know is I went to look myself up and the clowns wanted to charge me X amount of dollars and I never went back.
One of your customers has to be member, which costs money. They add you to the list by writing a review about you.

You would know if you are on the list because once you are, they will hit you up for all kinds of stupid crap like my OP, and try to get as much cash as they can out of you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts