Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently run my own business with six employees. Needless to say I'm always looking for tools that help speed up the day day-to-day. For the longest time I did not know what I've been missing before I had found these items. For me its ladder pivot and telescopic ladder. I use my 18" jet roller on any big project. Large masonry brush as a dust brush. But by far my most used items are the few things that always stay in my pocket. My Milwaukee flip knife, purdy flip 5 way and spring loaded nail punch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Always on my belt....phone case/ phone/bluetooth, used multiplier case with( a mini common screwdriver, small nail punch and a spring set), craftsman robogrip in a modified multiplier case, fiscars sm round nose scissors and a sm curved needle nose pliers,break-blade knife w/black olfa blades housed in an old mini mag light sheath and a caribiner with a bucketbuddyclip.....in my pocket is a camper swiss army knife. 150 used sandpaper, 2 inch putty knife and lastly a clean cotton rag. Can take care of a lot with these items on board :) can post some pics when i figure that out!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
This is my Rotex. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Rotex is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Rotex, without me, is useless. Without my Rotex, I am useless. I must sand with my Rotex true. I must sand faster than my competition who is trying to outsand me....

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
This is my Rotex. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Rotex is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Rotex, without me, is useless. Without my Rotex, I am useless. I must sand with my Rotex true. I must sand faster than my competition who is trying to outsand me....
Lololololololololol....AMEN!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,088 Posts
Always on my belt....phone case/ phone/bluetooth, used multiplier case with( a mini common screwdriver, small nail punch and a spring set), craftsman robogrip in a modified multiplier case, fiscars sm round nose scissors and a sm curved needle nose pliers,break-blade knife w/black olfa blades housed in an old mini mag light sheath and a caribiner with a bucketbuddyclip.....in my pocket is a camper swiss army knife. 150 used sandpaper, 2 inch putty knife and lastly a clean cotton rag. Can take care of a lot with these items on board :) can post some pics when i figure that out!!
Hey, Batman just called.... He wants his belt back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts

Are you entering the Vietnam war?!?! Or just have a Full Metal Jacket lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts

How do your pants stay up??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
these tools don't weigh much and i always wear a belt...contrary to some :) even can hold a cut bucket with paint !! concerning the Prudy fold-able 5 in 1...have one but it can unlock very easy so beware...the 5 way strikes again !!

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
My floor grinder and angle grinders. Without these I could not guarantee the epoxy would bond and last.

When I was painting the Pivot and paint sprayers were key.

·
Registered
140 Posts
First picture is whats on my belt and the pouch is on the job !!
You are completely out of your mind, but you are my hero at the same time. At some point you have to get a military style tactical vest...

I have a little tiny scissors on my multi-tool (which is on my belt) and I have a big one in my tool bag. I never thought about a dedicated scissors on my belt, but I could see that maybe being handy for masking. And it's not very bulky.

What do you use the Robo-Grip pliers for? I have pliers on the multi-tool which comes in handy. It's pretty rare that I need a big pair of pliers - let alone wearing one on my belt.

Does that carabiner go directly around your belt? I don't know if I'd like that bucket buddy or not. You have to carry each brush full of paint all the way up from your hip instead of holding the cup right there. It would be heavy if there is a lot of paint in there. If there isn't a lot of paint in there, you have to reach your hand way down inside. But then you have a free hand and you don't have to pour paint and less stuff to clean up. Hmmmm... I think I have to try this.

·
Registered
56 Posts
A few years ago....maybe more i gave up on the multi pliers and started using the robogrip. Doesn't pinch my hand and works great for those little ball screws on light fixtures and such. Modified the cases for each tool. The razor knife fits nicely in a mag-lite sheath. Never carry more than a quart of paint....try carrying a quart in a handy pail....not to mention ladder work!! Oh man i have to take that phone call or a sip of morning Joe :smile:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Murphy says the more paint you carry the more likely you are to spill or cause a serious tendon injury...tried that once with an almost full paint can....couldn't hold a cut bucket for days...lesson learned....Have done a lot of crazy things on ladders over the years and am still painting...Murphy: 3 points of contact=more productive and less likely a fall to the good earth!!

·
Banned
1 Posts
Given the latest trends, venetian plaster blades are something you wanna have in your stash. More and more clients refuse to use wallpapers or kinky wall covering. Marmorino is relatively cheap and is easy to maintain if done properly. Unfortunately, I have only 2 guys who are capable of this work. My second best tool is a simple utility knife. I have a few from safetycutters.net and use them mainly for opening packages. I have a looooooot of packages, mainly with decorations. Some of them are packed so... tightly that even plasma cutter will be powerless :)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts