Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Given the latest trends, venetian plaster blades are something you wanna have in your stash. More and more clients refuse to use wallpapers or kinky wall covering. Marmorino is relatively cheap and is easy to maintain if done properly.
I'm real into lime plaster recently, veneziano plaster is the easiest damn thing I have ever applied. Color coat can cover pretty much any texture two coats. No smell and no sanding.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
3,466 Posts
Font Fashion accessory Event Carmine Personal protective equipment

I put this on my belt religiously every day, whether I'm working or at the cabin. Comes in soo handy for so many things. Only thing that beats this is the 5in1 for sure. I'm lost when either one goes missing.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Hard to move, do not hold nearly enough paint, are flimsy and only have a single purpose whereas a bucket can be used for other stuff. Been painting since 1986 and never used a tray.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Hard to move, do not hold nearly enough paint, are flimsy and only have a single purpose whereas a bucket can be used for other stuff. Been painting since 1986 and never used a tray.
Don't you have to be standing directly over the bucket to load paint, kinda like the curling guys? "Clean! Clean!"
With a tray you are free to move all around the room, similar to a Forward in Hockey.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
If you put the tray on a cart you could move it easier I suppose but you still have to be real careful when you move it. Bucket or tray you still have to move it but a bucket is light years faster.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
If you put the tray on a cart you could move it easier I suppose but you still have to be real careful when you move it. Bucket or tray you still have to move it but a bucket is light years faster.
To each their own. I've learned that everybody has their own way. This is how we do it. We can push it in front of us (like a hockey puck). Is especially useful for rooms with beds and furniture.

Motor vehicle Rectangle Fluid Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
so buckets are easier to move than something with a handle that holds your extension pole? i'll take holds more paint in an industrial setting but i think thats all homies
Yes. And gravity holds my extension pole to the floor quite well. But like @Holland said - to each their own.

·
Registered
777 Posts
"its easier to pick something up off the ground than from a handle at waist height"

thats your argument

21 - 40 of 78 Posts