Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sprayed SW Solo for the first time last week w/an aaa. Fluid pressure at approx. 1150-1250, air pressure at approx. 16-20 at the gun. Thinned it at 1/4 cup per gal. Light orange peel everywhere, except crossover points (where jamb leg meets header) where it sagged. :(Where is the middle ground? Downloaded JP guide to brushing solo, brushed it light, brushed it heavy, still sagged! Interior temp is about 70, rh is about 65. Going over SW Premium W&W primer. Sanded with 320 between coats. I'm at my limit with this stuff. :censored: Haven't had this problem with ProClassic WB or Satin Impervor WB. What am I missing/doing wrong? I really appreciate any help, thank you.

·
A Brush Above
4,669 Posts
Dear Sherwin Williams,

Your reformulation of Solo after your acquisition of their parent company is an abominable move on your part. You stripped this robust product down to a marginal at best option and increased the price point 50 percent. It won't stick to latex on a repaint making it a useless product in the repaint market. It was a brilliant product and you bastardized it.

You still owe me money on two complete fails with this product. I know your listening. If my rep can't get you guys to hear it, im going to let thousands of painting contractors know it via the internet. You owe me a refund. Twice. I know your listening and im going to tell the same story any time a Solo thread pops up. Feel free to call me.

Thomas
A Brush Above
College Station, Tx

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
A few months ago we sprayed about 5000 gallons of the stuff in a parkade. We didn't have any sagging problems.

Maybe it's formulated differently south of the border?

·
A Brush Above
4,669 Posts
A few months ago we sprayed about 5000 gallons of the stuff in a parkade. We didn't have any sagging problems.

Maybe it's formulated differently south of the border?
Ill clarify.its still good on new work and over primer. It just lacks tooth on repaints.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts