Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
rdupainting.com
416 Posts
You and the customer would have been better served to x-jet or downstream some sodium hypochlorite (bleach) mixed with a surfactant (soap) and rinse and repeat if needed to remove all dirt... very very light pressure where needed. I can show you some filthy filthy filthy vinyl apartments (old blue vinyl) chalky etc... we cleaned professionally, using the RIGHT chem's and very very little pressure (rinsing only) they turned out wonderfully. Many people think you need to apply pressure directly to a home to clean it, this is not true and causes more harm then good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
You and the customer would have been better served to x-jet or downstream some sodium hypochlorite (bleach) mixed with a surfactant (soap) and rinse and repeat if needed to remove all dirt... very very light pressure where needed. I can show you some filthy filthy filthy vinyl apartments (old blue vinyl) chalky etc... we cleaned professionally, using the RIGHT chem's and very very little pressure (rinsing only) they turned out wonderfully. Many people think you need to apply pressure directly to a home to clean it, this is not true and causes more harm then good.
Have you ever cleaned one with varigated egg blight that was hidden by filth? She would be better served to put a little maintenance in her sidding every few decades!

·
rdupainting.com
416 Posts
Have you ever cleaned one with varigated egg blight that was hidden by filth? She would be better served to put a little maintenance in her sidding every few decades!
I plead no contest. :-\ 20 year old vinyl is pretty much at the end of its aesthetic life span. She wants something for nothing evidently, didn't read the egg thing until now.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts