Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's an effective one.

Make a postcard one-sided (8.5x11 Card stock cut in 4)that says;

Dear ________________

I just wanted to let you know that we just had ABC Painting Company paint our house and we highly recommend them. The owner Joe Painter can be reached at 123-555-1222 and you should call him when you need a good, reliable painter. Joe will also give you $100 off ($750 or higher paint job) your next paint job if you show him this postcard so he knows I referred you.

Sincerely,

Now on the address side, I would go ahead and put a 24c stamp on it and maybe put the customers return address on it and then give 4 of them to your customer to fill out for their friends and send them. Obviously some won't send them, but a good amount will and they will be powerful recommendations. Two key components are that you put the live stamp (not business reply or anything, but a real stamp) and you make a special offer. The stamps will make your current customer most likely to send them because they will feel obligated since you already spent money on the stamp and they don't want to waste it, all 24 cents of it. The special offer for the friend will make the friend save the card for later as it's worth money.

Every now and then you will get an aggressive customer and they will fill out 10-20 of them, so be prepared for backup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
One thing to be aware of when you are giving your pizza guy flyers is that most of them will go to apartment complexes if the are handing them out. Now if they are just on the pizza box, then the waste is manageable. But i was printing up 5000 a month, thinking the were going to houses only to find out 80% were going to apartments and condos where they could hand out a bunch much faster, but did me no good

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.