Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Is the point system gonna be same as Contractor Talk, or will it actually be useful to non-spammers? Some of us don't spam post, and actually post decent stuff, just not very often. The one @ CT is silly, I may get a shirt before I retire....
I agree with this wholeheartedly and I think it should be taken into consideration. Maybe by basing the points system off how many "Thanks" a person gets, and maybe even by letting users assign a points rating to other users posts. It seems to me as if a large portion, possibly even a majority of posts, are totally unrelated to the OP, and its debatable if they even offer any help at all.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
For swag, maybe some painttalk colored Von Zipper - Elmore sunglasses? Not sure if they make them in bright blue, but I haven't bought a new pair yet this year.

I'd rather it not be tool related since I can write that stuff off. But if it has to be, then maybe just like masking machines, and other stuff that breaks when you drop it off a ladder.

I've also been really happy with my porter cable 12v drill, and it is sub $100; I think.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
I agree with this wholeheartedly and I think it should be taken into consideration. Maybe by basing the points system off how many "Thanks" a person gets, and maybe even by letting users assign a points rating to other users posts. It seems to me as if a large portion, possibly even a majority of posts, are totally unrelated to the OP, and its debatable if they even offer any help at all.
Well since I have received the most thanks , I propose that the reward is Cam Neely & Peter Chiarelli get to chose next year's Brooons team by cherry picking the best hockey players from around the continent (with the exception of Cindy Crysby) .

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Well since I have received the most thanks , I propose that the reward is Cam Neely & Peter Chiarelli get to chose next year's Brooons team by cherry picking the best hockey players from around the continent (with the exception of Cindy Crysby) .
As long as they keep their mitts off of Stephen Stamkos I don't have a problem with your proposition.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
We are also hoping to have the mobile version of the site ready in the next week or so. It is currently being tested and should be ready very soon! :)

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
We are also hoping to have the mobile version of the site ready in the next week or so. It is currently being tested and should be ready very soon! :)
I'm using the new painttalk app right now. Is okay, but the last update gives me the same add everywhere

Sent from my SGH-T989D using PaintTalk.com mobile app

·
Administrator
Community Manager
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm using the new painttalk app right now. Is okay, but the last update gives me the same add everywhere

Sent from my SGH-T989D using PaintTalk.com mobile app
This isn't going to be an app. It will be a mobile version of the site that will happen automatically when a member logs on (from a browser on their phone) automatically. It has not yet been installed.

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
I see some of us have reward points, how did I get 2 already?

Edit, now im up to 4

Edit now its at 6

Edit now 8

Edit 10

12 now, do I get point a for editing?

·
Administrator
Community Manager
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I see some of us have reward points, how did I get 2 already?

Edit, now im up to 4

Edit now its at 6

Edit now 8

Edit 10

12 now, do I get point a for editing?

You realize that by repeatedly editing your post you are likely driving our techs crazy who are trying to work on the point system, right? This is also a good way to have me limit editing posts to about 10 seconds. ;)

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
Cricket, im not here for the paint pro reward or reward point system. Im not participating in either program. I enjoy the simplicity of discussing topics of our industry.

Have good day!

21 - 40 of 77 Posts