Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, new user here! i hope to learn more about painting as i attempt to fix up my first home. i'm not a painter but someone who hired one.

we used semi-gloss on the trim upstairs and i think it may have been a mistake. it highlights all the flaws that a 100-year old house typically has.

now that they've moved onto the 1st floor i have the option of changing to satin.

would it be strange to flip to satin on the first level while the second remains semi?

thoughts and advice appreciated!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Consider Ben Moore Pearl. Low Satin Finish that works well in older homes. our house was built in 1732. I use Pearl or Satin Impervo.

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
hi all, new user here! i hope to learn more about painting as i attempt to fix up my first home. i'm not a painter but someone who hired one.

we used semi-gloss on the trim upstairs and i think it may have been a mistake. it highlights all the flaws that a 100-year old house typically has.

now that they've moved onto the 1st floor i have the option of changing to satin.

would it be strange to flip to satin on the first level while the second remains semi?

thoughts and advice appreciated!
the spaces are clearly separated (upstairs and downstairs)- yes, make the change if you know you will prefer satin.
100 year old houses have a lot of character, you're just adding a little more.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,924 Posts
PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com. If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to Register.

This thread is now closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.