Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I have, on occasion used an exterior Semi-Gloss on interior trim. I just like that it covered in one coat. It was an apartment repaint where perfection wasn't required.

·
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe
4,508 Posts
I have, on occasion used an exterior Semi-Gloss on interior trim. I just like that it covered in one coat. It was an apartment repaint where perfection wasn't required.
Was that the one for the ad for $400 and they wanted "million dollar quality".

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I work in a store that sells Ben Moore, and I had a customer bring in another brand and ask me to fix the color for her. The paint was an exterior semi-gloss, but she told me it was for her kitchen cabinets. When I asked if she had specified that she wanted exterior paint, she said that her painter had gotten it, that she hadn't even noticed it was for exterior use. I didn't want to bash her painter, but did suggest that she call the manufacturer to check that this product was suitable for the job.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
PaintLady,

Not trying to be rude or dismissive, but as you've been here since october I am surprised you missed this thread just in december

http://www.painttalk.com/f2/can-exterior-paint-used-paint-interior-room-26242/

I know the vBulletin search engine sucks, but it didn't take me but thirty seconds to find the subject matter. To your advantage, finding a recent thread on a subject gives much better answers than starting one new. AND you can always bump the recent one it if you have any specific questions, which you haven't relayed yet.

:thumbsup:

·
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe
4,508 Posts
PaintLady,

Not trying to be rude or dismissive, but as you've been here since october I am surprised you missed this thread just in december

http://www.painttalk.com/f2/can-exterior-paint-used-paint-interior-room-26242/

I know the vBulletin search engine sucks, but it didn't take me but thirty seconds to find the subject matter. To your advantage, finding a recent thread on a subject gives much better answers than starting one new. AND you can always bump the recent one it if you have any specific questions, which you haven't relayed yet.

:thumbsup:
Dude!! You sound like a moderator. Do you want an application?? I think you will do just fine. :whistling2:

·
Administrator
19,782 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
10,539 Posts
We had an interior application that seemed more like an exterior: wide temperature swings, occasional high humidity, etc. I called the PPG tech service line and they assured me that it was a totally appropriate use for an exterior acrylic latex.

Reactions: Wolfgang

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all your replies. It helps to have reinforcement from professionals who care when I'm arguing a point to a customer who is getting taken by a painter who doesn't care. In this case, my customer had a hard time believing that her painter who has been painting for 20+ years would show up to her job with the wrong product in hand.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Thanks for all your replies. It helps to have reinforcement from professionals who care when I'm arguing a point to a customer who is getting taken by a painter who doesn't care. In this case, my customer had a hard time believing that her painter who has been painting for 20+ years would show up to her job with the wrong product in hand.
Theres painters and then theres ainters!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts