Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My husband and I built a murphy bed with some surrounding shelves. Due to lack of access to tools, some of the cuts were less than straight and once we added the trim we had to use a fair amount of wood filler (Zar patch) to make sure everything looks even (even if fairly ugly before paint goes on). We are now at the point of the project where we've sanded everything to 220 finish, we've tack clothed everything, we've put plastic sheeting all around to protect the surrounding area and we are ready to paint! I was wondering if you guys would have any feedback or advice for our painting process.

We have an HVLP sprayer (Home Right Super Finish Max) and we'd like to use PPG Breakthrough for paint. I did a fair amount of lurking on this forum before posting so here's my plan for painting:

1. Prime with PPG Seal grip (acrylic) -- not sure if we should thin this too?
2. Sand with 300 grit paper
3. Strain the paint
4. Thin PPG Breakthrough with water (4oz per quart)
5. Use the green nozzle on the sprayer and keep a wet microfiber rag handy at all times and liberally wipe off the nozzle as we go

Any advice on what the temperature in the room should be (is warm or cold better)?
We have also considered emerald from SW (more extended dry time is the reason why we want to go with breakthrough though)

Here's a picture of a small spot to give you an idea of what we are working with -

·
Administrator
19,921 Posts
PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com. If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php.

This thread is now closed.

Reactions: cocomonkeynuts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.