Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... American Traditions has this paint named "Interior Latex Ceiling Paint" only... it's friggin pink, dries white.. sorta like that spackle. Eagle is trying it out now, anyone else ever see this?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
It's made for homeowners who can't see where they have painted when they paint white on white.

I've never tried it but I've seen spackle that does the same thing.

·
The Lurker
3,514 Posts
Ace hardware has one that is light blue and drys white, Big time HO product. Valspar is dropping the American traditions name at Lowes and putting Valspar on them instead.

History on Valspar for those who like to read... Surprise on how many resin manufacturers they own.

http://www.valsparglobal.com/corp/about/ourhistory.jsp#1980

read they own McCloskey, they make some great decorative finishes products.

·
Epoxy Dude
566 Posts
Brush,

I'm familiar with the formulation of that material. It contains Optical Brighteners. Basically, it is modified with a material that will reflect light that is not normally in the visible spectrum. This makes the white brighter without decreasing the hiding. I tested a bit a few years ago (before it was commercialized) on my bathroom ceiling. It STILL looks really good... and... BRIGHT!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far i'm impressed.. the ceiling he's painting isn't THAT bad but, coverage is good and the pink.. well... hmmm... ;)

·
Registered
558 Posts
I used it a long time ago, I think glidden had a version. Worked out ok.

It's available all over at the big boxes. Surprised Martha doesn't have her own version.:)

·
Rock On
2,451 Posts
Valspar could have a frog that sings 'Hello My Baby" and I still wouldn't be interested
I have not been impressed with any product I've used by that company

·
Epoxy Dude
566 Posts
I think Valspar has some good products... more in the wood coatings market than latex type I think...

AND, of course... now they own Cabot... I've ALWAYS been a fan of Cabot although I expect that to change over the next few years... doh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts