Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on a product for this. I have it all primed with pigmented shellac. It's at my shop and I have both airless sprayers and conventional hvlp setup. Preferably something waterborne. My ventilation is not the best.. Oh and I'm in Canada.;)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+the high performance flat would seal this up nice.
Unfortunately I cant get GF in Newfoundland. May I also mention that she (the designer) wants it in either a Matte finish or High Gloss, in the colour BM Van Dusen Blue..

·
Super Moderator
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try Duralaq. See if your bm store can get it in.

You can be my Guinea pig.
That's what I was thinking. My local BM store does carry the Lenmar. Can they tint that to any colour? And does it come in a matte or high gloss?

·
Registered
346 Posts
How do you all get rid of the impressions left from the old handles? Such as in the middle picture. On my recent project I used 90 minute drywall mud and sanded smooth. Looks great. But I'm concerned that it won't be hard enough. Know what I mean? Before I primed it, it would scratch easy. Maybe after primer and 2 (or 3 ) coats of Advance it will be hard enough. It's good enough for walls so i figured why not for doors.

·
Super Moderator
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wondering if this would be a good project to try the high gloss "Command " on..:unsure:. Should probably test out the marring with that product first. Heard it has great blocking properties.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Scuff-x would probably work well too
Wondering if this would be a good project to try the high gloss "Command " on..:unsure:. Should probably test out the marring with that product first. Heard it has great blocking properties.
Have you got the Command yet over there? My BM store has been talking about it but I don't think it's available here yet. Looking forward to trying it and comparing it to Scuff-x and Advance

·
Super Moderator
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Scuff-x would probably work well too

Have you got the Command yet over there? My BM store has been talking about it but I don't think it's available here yet. Looking forward to trying it and comparing it to Scuff-x and Advance
I had considered ScuffX but it doesn't come in high gloss. Have also heard that things stick to the tops even after a while. Just not sure if it's designed for furniture..Command is not in the stores here quite yet, but my Rep has some for me to play around with. Suposively its to compete with Breakthrough.. Hopefully the 250 version..fingers crossed. Drys in 15mins, recoat in 1 hr..

·
Super Moderator
6,529 Posts
Just got back from my paint store. I asked them again if they'd even heard of Command, but they haven't heard a thing whatsoever. Also asked them about the reformulation of the other lines of BM, but all they'd heard was that Aura was getting modified and they had no details on what was going to happen to it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Just got back from my paint store. I asked them again if they'd even heard of Command, but they haven't heard a thing whatsoever. Also asked them about the reformulation of the other lines of BM, but all they'd heard was that Aura was getting modified and they had no details on what was going to happen to it.
Do you know if your store will tint cabinet coat?

·
Super Moderator
6,529 Posts
Do you know if your store will tint cabinet coat?
No idea. Don't do much cabinet work as I don't have a shop. I'm not even sure they stock it as I don't remember seeing it there. Due to location, I get my paint from the paint department at Home Hardware. It's either that or Rona or Canadian Tire. lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,529 Posts
Oh, I thought there was a BM there.
Nope, closest one is in Southampton or down your way in Goderich. Personally, I love dealing with the folks at Home Hardware. The paint staff don't move around from one department to another and they're very knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Now getting pro grade equipment is another story. For that, I have to travel elsewhere for anything other than the basics.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts