Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Thats great, but dont forget to use your eyeballs as well. Those little 10" fascias can go off kilter quick. Ive been there... I get done, jump off my ladder and realize it dropped an inch and a half..

It wouldnt be a bad idea to hang your first strip, find a match point, then do a level line all the way across the room, so your pattern will be at the same level when you hit back to your first corner. Come to think of it, that might be a good reason to do the 10" upper piece last, so you can make any corrections there. Thats another thing I commonly do, is end up in my final corner and the pattern is usually of by a half inch up or down. Keep stuff like that in mind, especially with damask patterns like this,.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Most rooms are not level at the ceiling. I like to make a pencil line by butting my level to the ceiling and scribe a line along the bottom of the level all the way around ( assuming the line will not show through white paper). I use a laser level alot too, but the pencil line will help you see if you are losing your pattern, and you can cheat accordingly (to some degree).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Definitely do the soffit first starting in the corner. Keeping it level. Then do your inside corner pieces under soffit so you can match the long corners and the bottom of soffit as best as possible Know that the top short corners of soffit won’t match. You can explain that to client ahead of time if you think it will be an issue.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Definitely do the soffit first starting in the corner. Keeping it level. Then do your inside corner pieces under soffit so you can match the long corners and the bottom of soffit as best as possible Know that the top short corners of soffit won’t match. You can explain that to client ahead of time if you think it will be an issue.
check the dates before posting

21 - 25 of 25 Posts