Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Master Painter
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had my website up for a limited time , But was pleased to see that my company already ranks quite highly in searches for my local service area on Google . I'm sure there is a lot more work to be done but for such a limited time on the internet I can't be unhappy . :yes:

·
Estimator/Instructor
1,004 Posts
I've only had my website up for a limited time , But was pleased to see that my company already ranks quite highly in searches for my local service area on Google . I'm sure there is a lot more work to be done but for such a limited time on the internet I can't be unhappy . :yes:

I may or may nor be correct but, after looking at your words description in your source, I don't see how the other words are going to point to you. I do see that you have reference to "old bridge nj"...which makes sense but your other words may not mean much or may be too generic maybe?

<title>Valenti & Sons | Interior & Exterior Painting | Old Bridge, NJ</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="Painter, Painting, Old Bridge, Freehold, Marlboro, Manalapan, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, County, Colts Neck, Holmdel, East Brunswick, Red Bank, Home, House, Interior, Exterior, Indoor, Outdoor, Affordable, Quality, Cheap, Insured, Stain, Wallpaper, Powerwash, Professional, Best, NJ"/>
<meta name="description" content=" Quality, Craftsmanship and Experience for Over 20 Years. Residential painting, commercial painting, deck staining, interior painting, exterior painting, wall paper removal, house painting, home painting, fence painting in Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean County and Old Bridge, Freehold, Marlboro, Manalapan, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, County, Colts Neck, Holmdel, East Brunswick, and Red Bank. "/>

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am in the process of updating some of my terms . There are more than a few there that I'd like to swap out for others .
Try and remember the Description meta tag is supposed to be a 'description' and not a list of keywords. Google doesn't appear to have penalised you yet but may well do in the future, there is some evidence that new websites can get a 'welcome boost' from google to begin with and then are treated to stricter guide lines once you've been crawled a few times so better to try and get rid of any black hat SEO tactics now rather than later:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Good job! Try signing out of your google account, better yet use private browsing as your history and location will factor into your results. Any time you can, search from another computer and se what the results are.
Here is what I get, the second one I changed my location to old bridge.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
places for painter near Old Bridge, NJ

Advanced search
Language tools
Instant is onInstant is offInstant is off (slow connection)Google Instant is off due to connection speed. Learn more.

› On (type to search)› Off (press Enter to search)More about Google Instant

Google Instant is unavailable. Press Enter to search. Learn more
Google Instant is off due to connection speed. Press Enter to search.
Press Enter to search.

Press Enter to search.

.bl{display:none !important}Advanced search
About 105,000 results (0.35 seconds)

Ads

Search Results

1. PARTY PLACES CENTRAL NJ - Places to have Children's party in ...

Let's Pretend walk in open play place Old Bridge NJ .... NJ including Clowns, DJ's, Magicians, Party Planning services, NJ face painters and much much more! ...
    www.funnewjersey.com/.../PARTY_PLACES_CENTRAL_NJ_CHILDRENS_BIRTHDAY_PARTIES.HTM - Cached - Similar
  2. The Best of New Jersey - Things to do in New Jersey - FUN NEW ...

The bar/restaurant is one of the most romantic places in NJ. The bar has a ...
    www.funnewjersey.com/Best_of_New_jersey.HTM - Cached - Similar

Show more results from funnewjersey.com

3. Old Bridge Apartments - Find Old Bridge Apartments for Rent

When you rent an apartment in Old Bridge, New Jersey, ... you have children, you shouldn't have trouble finding schools for them near Old Bridge apartments. ...
    www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/New-Jersey/Old-Bridge/ - Cached - Similar
  4. Old Bridge Apartments for Rent - House Rentals in Old Bridge, NJ

To see more apartments for lease near Old Bridge, start searching Rent.com—your ... of renters nationwide search Rent.com each month for a place to live. ...
    www.rent.comNew Jersey Rentals - Cached - Similar
  5. Glenwood Apartments in Middlesex County, Old Bridge, New Jersey ...

Apartments in Old Bridge, New Jersey - Glenwood NJ apartment rentals offers studio 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments in Middlesex county.
    www.glenwoodapartments.com/ - Cached - Similar
  6. Event Planning in Old Bridge, New Jersey (NJ) - Event Venues and ...

Find event venues in Old Bridge, New Jersey (NJ) for your wedding, meeting, or party at Eventective.com. ... At the NEW Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, you'll find a place where simple delights become ..... Clowns, Jugglers, Magicians, Fortune Tellers, Face Painters, Animals ... Cities Near Old Bridge, New Jersey ...
    www.eventective.comUSANew Jersey - Cached - Similar
  7. Faux Painting Techniques Old Bridge NJ - Old Bridge NJ, Faux ...

We tend to decorate our homes, our work places in our way, to send a message to the outside world ... Tips for Hiring a Painting Contractor Old Bridge NJ ...
    articles.directorym.com/Faux_Painting_Techniques_Old_Bridge_NJ-r963714-Old_Bridge_NJ.html - Cached
  8. Old Bridge Paint Stores

Find Old Bridge, NJ paint stores locations and reviews on Insider Pages. ... "This place is no longer called Head to Toe, it is now Voi. ...
    www.insiderpages.com/s/NJ/OldBridge/PaintStores - Cached
  9. Gs Painting, Old Bridge NJ 08857 -- MerchantCircle.com

MerchantCircle.com -- Gs Painting of 47 Mt Batten Dr, Old Bridge, NJ. Phone: 732-189-1716. ... Find the best places to go and things to do in Old Bridge! ...
    www.merchantcircle.comTopNJOld Bridge08857 - Cached
  10. Playgroup Meetups near Old Bridge, New Jersey - Playgroup Meetups ...

38 Meetup Groups match “Playgroup” near Old Bridge, NJ ..... Clown & Face Painting at the Dunkin Donuts in Freehold! ... I decided to create South Central NJ caregivers as a mutual place for Parents, Grandparents, Nannys & Babsitters to ...

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
I hate that damn map. It totally screws services business' that work in on area and are located in another. Like me I don't live in the city, and my shop is on our farm, I get trumped by re re's who just have a city address.
I have that same problem, make sure your cities you work in are listed in the description, there is an option to change the "areas serviced" but I have heard there are bugs in it. You could also get a mailbox (not po) in the town and use that address, but then you would have to change all your addys to keep Google from penalizing you. It sucks!

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I have that same problem, make sure your cities you work in are listed in the description, there is an option to change the "areas serviced" but I have heard there are bugs in it. You could also get a mailbox (not po) in the town and use that address, but then you would have to change all your addys to keep Google from penalizing you. It sucks!
I thought about doing that. I had heard the the UPS store gives you a street address, but I also heard it has a PO box in that so that idea went out the window. Google de-lists po boxes.

You can set up multiple locations for cities that way if you had a street address. I am like you thou Chris and have to cover many zip codes, and over 60 miles to reach the customers guys in big cities can get in 10 square miles.

When I crack that nut I will be sure to let you know how I did it.

·
Master Painter
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I was looking for Bobbo, I wouldnt be finding him. Not his facebook or nothing. I would probably assume that Bobbo wasnt painting anymore.
Well 1st off nobody is looking for Bobbo . If their looking for my company and Google my company name , There is plenty of information out there for customers to find me and my business . I've said it before " I would never hire a contractor off of FaceBook " . It shows a certain amount of legitimacy when a contractor takes the time and money to create his own website as opposed to any old Tom , Dick or Harry that can create a FaceBook page .

·
Master Painter
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I may or may nor be correct but, after looking at your words description in your source, I don't see how the other words are going to point to you. I do see that you have reference to "old bridge nj"...which makes sense but your other words may not mean much or may be too generic maybe?

<title>Valenti & Sons | Interior & Exterior Painting | Old Bridge, NJ</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="Painter, Painting, Old Bridge, Freehold, Marlboro, Manalapan, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, County, Colts Neck, Holmdel, East Brunswick, Red Bank, Home, House, Interior, Exterior, Indoor, Outdoor, Affordable, Quality, Cheap, Insured, Stain, Wallpaper, Powerwash, Professional, Best, NJ"/>
<meta name="description" content=" Quality, Craftsmanship and Experience for Over 20 Years. Residential painting, commercial painting, deck staining, interior painting, exterior painting, wall paper removal, house painting, home painting, fence painting in Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean County and Old Bridge, Freehold, Marlboro, Manalapan, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, County, Colts Neck, Holmdel, East Brunswick, and Red Bank. "/>

I had the keywords reworked . I think it helps to focus on my immediate area and I feel these words are stronger for the services I offer . IMO :D

Valenti & Sons Painting website link ... Painting / Power Washing Contractor Old Bridge New Jersey 08857

·
Estimator/Instructor
1,004 Posts
Well 1st off nobody is looking for Bobbo . If their looking for my company and Google my company name , There is plenty of information out there for customers to find me and my business . I've said it before " I would never hire a contractor off of FaceBook " . It shows a certain amount of legitimacy when a contractor takes the time and money to create his own website as opposed to any old Tom , Dick or Harry that can create a FaceBook page .
Hey! Hey!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts