Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to this forum. I’ve been painting for 12 years now and have done a few jobs spraying. I currently own a titan 440i and a few fine finish tips. Wondering if anyone sprays cabinetry and trim with the 440 and ff tips? Or is it worth it to upgrade to an assisted airless? Or a titan ed655? If it’s worth the upgrade, what’s a decent unit that isn’t going to break the bank?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey Pattimore, I use a 440 for cabinets and trim, it's definitely capable. I haven't used the Titan fine finish but have had good results with the Graco ff tips that Masterwork mentioned, as well as the tritech tips. I like the 310's.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,581 Posts
AAA's are not cheap. So if your on"a budget"... Although if your getting into cabinet spraying, having more than one rig can come in handy and would be an investment. At the moment I have 2 airless rigs and an hvlp setup.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed General Contractor, Painting Contractor
2,117 Posts
I actually prefer the Titan FF tips over the Graco's.
Do you find they produce a finer finish? Just curious, since I can't remember the last time I even used Titan's FF tips. I have compared the Graco FFLP tips to Tritech's, but saw only minor improvements with Tritech over Graco. The Tritech FFLP tips do seem to produce softer edges with better overall disbursement than the Graco from my half-assed tests though. Curious as to where the Titan would rank.

·
Monarchski
120 Posts
Do you find they produce a finer finish? Just curious, since I can't remember the last time I even used Titan's FF tips. I have compared the Graco FFLP tips to Tritech's, but saw only minor improvements with Tritech over Graco. The Tritech FFLP tips do seem to produce softer edges with better overall disbursement than the Graco from my half-assed tests though. Curious as to where the Titan would rank.
I haven't tried the TriTech's yet but the Titan FFLP tips do seem to work much better especially with waterborne products and last longer than the Graco's. They are also less expensive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts