Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I truly believe that the best camera to use is the one in your hands at the moment, I thought it might be nice to find out what people are using.

I own and old Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi (a.k.a. 400D) and a Nikon 7000.

I am fascinated by iPhoneography so I spend a lot of time using my iPhone.

·
repaintpro
971 Posts
Ditto........I have a EOS400. Some lenses to go with it (none are white though)
A Canon G12....that is a great little camera!
A old Pentax film camera an a couple of pentax lenses.

An iphone6+.........BTW I have shot 99% of all my stuff in the last couple of years on the iphones and G12 camera. All family holidays are taken on the iphone exclusively (thats embarrassing).

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
For work a Samsung HZ30w because it has a 24mm (28mm equiv) wide angle.

My "good" camera is an aging Nikon D40. I do plan to treat myself to an upgrade for retirement, looking at Nikons still (had 2 F's when I was a teen), don't think I need the bells and whistles of the D7100 and such.

AND there are some film camera kicking around. Pentax, Cannon F-1, my grandmother's Leica, and I'm not sure what else.

·
Time Traveler
1,624 Posts
Canon 6D with a 70-200mm f/4 l IS
Canon Rebel XTI with an EFS 18-55mm kit lens and an EF 75-300mm

And a couple of weeks ago I got an I6 phone and am excited to learn how to use it for jobs especially because I don't like to have to carry my camera bag to work sites. I hate exposing them to dust and theft.

Anything ya'll have to tell me about it I'd appreciate. I don't know how to do panoramas or anything yet. I barely know how to adjust light and shadows and haven't even figured out how to get the pics onto my computer.

I also have Adobe CS4. Love my Photoshop but haven't used the video capabilities for quite some time. I took a wallpaper removal video that I'll load up to my Youtube account when I learn how.

:cowboy:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
I have a Nikon d5100 with an 18-55 & 55-200mm lens and this Pentax underwater camera http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B728M5U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But I mostly use my Lumia 1020 phone for taking pics since it's almost always in my pocket.

PLEASE give me your impression of the 5100.

The newer 5200 has seriously piqued my interest (I'm not really interested in the wi-fi and GPS gadgetry of the 5300)

AND I already have those lenses with my D-40.

·
Time Traveler
1,624 Posts
Aww... underwater, that seems like it could be fun.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Nikon D7100, literally just picked up a D750 today, an Olympus EM-5 and a Panasonic GH3 I use for video. Maybe another 20 lenses between the cameras.. some vintage ones for the GH3 (canon, Voitlander, Cine-C mounts etc)

Reactions: Underdog

·
Registered
5,097 Posts

The newer 5200 has seriously piqued my interest (I'm not really interested in the wi-fi and GPS gadgetry of the 5300)

The D5300 has a great sensor and is outstanding with high ISO. The D5500 is out now.

Reactions: daArch

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

I'm probably the wrong person to ask, since my wife uses it more than me.

It was an upgrade for us, from a D40. My wife wanted one with video capabilities for a blog she used to do and we got a good deal on it when Target clearanced them out.

If it were me, and I was going to buy a new camera and it was important to me that it lasted a long time, I would base it on whatever model had the best technology in the body. I couldn't tell you which one that is though.

I certainly don't regret the upgrade, but if I was an enthusiast I would look for the best I could justify.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts