Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Cost of a gallon of Standard paint? (ex. Sherwin Williams Super Paint-Ben Moore Super Spec)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Chicago Painting Pros
Painter
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I'm just starting to add materials in to my total hourly charge.
Im in Chicago area and use a lot of Sherwin Williams (Super Paint similarly to Ben Moore Super Spec) as my "Standard Paint"
I know pricing is more in bigger cities. I'm hoping we have some Chi-town people who willing to post up some help.

I was wondering what everyone pays for paint ?

What brands are their go to brands to make their life easier?

Also should I do another poll SW Emerald and BM Aura?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I'm just starting to add materials in to my total hourly charge.
Im in Chicago area and use a lot of Sherwin Williams (Super Paint similarly to Ben Moore Super Spec) as my "Standard Paint"
I know pricing is more in bigger cities. I'm hoping we have some Chi-town people who willing to post up some help.

I was wondering what everyone pays for paint ?

What brands are their go to brands to make their life easier?

Also should I do another poll SW Emerald and BM Aura?
I have stayed away from including the paint cost in my quotes and have come up with a different method that ends up leaving the customer with an even better taste in their mouth after an already successful project.

Typically my pricing will be for labor only.

I will let them know that materials are not included but I do give them a range of where I expect the material cost to fall for budgeting purposes and that we would bill at our cost Typically I will end up on either the lower end of that range they are expecting or below. When sending the final invoice I always like to mention that we were able to keep their paint costs down which is great news! Its just one more way to exceed the expectations that were set before the project and lets the customer know you have had their back.

I had a job start today that I told them to expect between $2900-3200 for the paint/material cost. It will most likely end up in the $2700-2900 range when all is said and done. (using ultra spec for ceilings, regal select for walls and trim, and bath and spa for the bathrooms).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts