Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a painting contractor and I have been using eminence from SW. Was wondering if anyone would suggest another ceiling paint that is comparable in performance and price ($21)

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
We use BM SuperHide flat white for all of our ceilings. It's not a pure white like most ceiling paints. We pay around $25-$27 a gallon.

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
I am a painting contractor and I have been using eminence from SW.:eek: Was wondering if anyone would suggest another ceiling paint that is comparable in performance and price ($21)

:laughing:

go to a ppg store and get some REAL paint

Attachments

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
I've been falling in love with BM Ceiling Paint. Just painted my own grand ceiling with it, brush and roll. Came out nice. Only problem is when ordering it, "what product would you like that in" "Ceiling Paint" "so just a flat" "ya Ceiling Paint" "so just look up and see what flat paint you've gotten in the past" "no, I want ceiling paint" "oh, ok" I arrive to the store, "so what flat do you want" :wallbash:

·
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe
4,508 Posts
I've been falling in love with BM Ceiling Paint. Just painted my own grand ceiling with it, brush and roll. Came out nice. Only problem is when ordering it, "what product would you like that in" "Ceiling Paint" "so just a flat" "ya Ceiling Paint" "so just look up and see what flat paint you've gotten in the past" "no, I want ceiling paint" "oh, ok" I arrive to the store, "so what flat do you want" :wallbash:
I love the New Waterborne Ceiling paint from BM as well. Too bad for me it has to be special ordered and cost $40 a gallon which is a little too much for a ceiling.

SW Eminence is great but you can only get it in white a pastel colors.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I haven't been real happy with Emminence. It's great on TEXTURED ceilings, but I find it to be poor in coverage on FLAT ceilings. The PPG ceiling paint suggested by ChrisN is the best at covering flat, untextured ceilings IMO. And, it retails for less than $20 per gallon.

·
Chicken Trainer
17 Posts
BM Waterborne Ceiling Paint is pricey, but dead flat and touches up great. Use on big ceilings with a light source at one end. Basements with walk outs, open floor plans, etc.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
ewingpainting.net said:
I luv that paint too. I just ask for "508", and then there is no confusion.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts