Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Waterborne ceiling paint from Benjamin Moore is by far the best!
I tried it a couple of times. It is OK, but certainly not "the best".

General Paint breeze interior flat was always my go-to. Cheaper than BM's ceiling paint, and at the end of the day, had less witness lines. Cloverdale has a great ceiling flat as well, though I haven'd used it enough to form an overall opinion on it. We've tried SW promar 400 a couple of times, though I was never happy with the results.

Glidden ultra worked well for us on one project. I haven't had the opportunity to try it again since.

I think every paint manufacturer has at least one great line for ceilings. It's just a matter of finding what works for you.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yes, I did get the flat to cover the eggshell. except for my little holidays.

I have an 800 sq ft ceiling coming up soon. New drywall after an abatement. I will go with Pro-Mar 400 flat. I can get that super cheap.

Off topic but, I just got a new price list form BM. Damn, it's getting expensive.

One last question: not sure if this came up in the thread. Ultra spec 500 flat? Does it have the same flashing problem as the normal Ultra spec?
The 500 line is the only product I can get from them that's 25.00 a gallon.
Those little holidays are the reason I always do 2 coats when going over eggshell with flat.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
102 posts on what's the best ceiling paint? :blink:

I leave for my golf trip tomorrow morning, so here's my vote............. "Golf Ball White" from Titleist! :thumbsup:

101 - 105 of 105 Posts