Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
FasterBetterCheaper
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. You are about to re-paint an apartment. It needs one coat on all walls and one on ceilings, and one on trim (all will be the same colour as exists now).

What do you do first, second, etc?
Not big enough to spray and walls need small holes filled.
Just window frames and door frames, no doors let's say...
Must protect floors of course.
Apt. is empty.

What's the fastest?

Good luck! thanks

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Hi. You are about to re-paint an apartment. It needs one coat on all walls and one on ceilings, and one on trim (all will be the same colour as exists now).

Apt. is empty.

What's the fastest?

Good luck! thanks

NO, I'm NOT about to re-paint an apt.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed General Contractor, Painting Contractor, Christmas Light Installer
2,467 Posts
Even if you aren't painting the doors?
What if the light switches have paint on them already?

I take em off anyways. Even if I'm not doing any painting in that room. Any other way is hack. Period.

Just yesterday I painted an exterior door. 4 hours total for the door. Another 3 hours to take off light switches and knobs inside the house. Can't be too careful.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

Apt. is empty.

What's the fastest?

Good luck! thanks

Best practice is the standard 14 point rundown.

In your case, highlighted step above is third to last step.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Smoke/mirrors

I just noticed the OP has been a member on here for 5 years and that was their first post!
At least he has the name down.

"So I'm gonna lurk for five years, and then make a bizarre post. But before I hatch my plan, I need the appropriate avatar. Ghost player? Mysterious figure? Magic identity? Maybe Game of Illusion? Yeah, illusionsgame is perfect!"

·
Retired Moderator
10,539 Posts
And we wonder WHY people are a little reticent about posting

(hey, arch-ie-bald, you're just as guilty)
That might explain why we've got nearly 25,000 members and, what, 35 who actually post.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
1st things I does is covers everything's ups. Then I uses ones of those there new fangdangled T2 tips from a Titans. I chutes all the walls with the trims tip & all trims with the walls tips. I uses less paints this way and saves the bosses $$$. Dats it:thumbup:

·
Banned
3,745 Posts
Wildbill7145 said:
I just noticed the OP has been a member on here for 5 years and that was their first post!
Yeh what is that when they do that? Since it was brought up. Do the mods do that? Or does it come from corporate or whatever? Cricket? It's too late for this thread but if you play it right u can get em irked a bit, they come back a tad at you. If u play it right. It can't be a over the top mockery, ur reply posts.. It has to be just sincere enuff. Lol and they will comeback at you.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts