Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i have this painting i my living room for ages now, i dont know where its coming from or what its worth, can someone help me figure out? it looks well painted and quite old, i cant read what the signature sais...loooks like some kind of european language. any help will be appreciated, thanks

Attachments

· Registered
42 Posts
hello, i have this painting i my living room for ages now, i dont know where its coming from or what its worth, can someone help me figure out? it looks well painted and quite old, i cant read what the signature sais...loooks like some kind of european language. any help will be appreciated, thanks

I am guessing not much. My girlfriend is an Assistant Curator for the Milwaukee Art Museum, I will forward it on to her to see if she has any light that she can shed on it.

· Registered
14,407 Posts
OMG!!! thats a Shiezzenwiezzer!!!! I'll make you a handsome offer!!!!! Call ME!
I respectfully disagree, it appears to be #11 from the post Civil War era Chestorfordshire collection. If authentic, it would be quite valuable. I would have to remove the piece from the frame and look for the makers mark on the backside of the canvas to be sure.

· "Member"
10,719 Posts
I respectfully disagree, it appears to be #11 from the post Civil War era Chestorfordshire collection. If authentic, it would be quite valuable. I would have to remove the piece from the frame and look for the makers mark on the backside of the canvas to be sure.
No....I am sorry Sir but you are wrong ..You can clearly see the sky was painted with Uberstenzien Blue #5....Everybody knows Uberstenzien Blue #5 was only used in Germany at the turn of the century ....Geeze ...what a novice!

· Registered
14,407 Posts
No....I am sorry Sir but you are wrong ..You can clearly see the sky was painted with Uberstenzien Blue #5....Everybody knows Uberstenzien Blue #5 was only used in Germany at the turn of the century ....Geeze ...what a novice!
Uberstenzian blue was duplicated by the Germans who copied the Lucerne blue which was generally accepted as capturing the feel of the Civil War skies during the years of this historic struggle. Further, the umber tones used in the tree trunks, and the terra cotta in the buildings edifice are clearly American.

· "Member"
10,719 Posts
Uberstenzian blue was duplicated by the Germans who copied the Lucerne blue which was generally accepted as capturing the feel of the Civil War skies during the years of this historic struggle. Further, the umber tones used in the tree trunks, and the terra cotta in the buildings edifice are clearly American.
You silly, silly, silly little man ....It is clealy Sir Heffenwiezzen departing his brewery by horse and carrige on a windy, stormy day. Master Shiezzenwiezzer was the only "Artist" of his era to use a Impasto style and use a egg tempra for his scenes ....

· Registered
14,407 Posts
You silly, silly, silly little man ....It is clealy Sir Heffenwiezzen departing his brewery by horse and carrige on a windy, stormy day. Master Shiezzenwiezzer was the only "Artist" of his era to use a Impasto style and use a egg tempra for his scenes ....

Well I certainly beg to differ. I have forwarded the image to my purchaser (who recently picked up the attached museum piece in the city - a rare and coveted Andrew Thomas trans-mississippi depiction) and he assures me that it is no doubt a PRINT of #11 of the Chestorfordshire collection.

"The decidedly poor and mismatched replication of the actual museum quality framing for the #11 should be seen a mile away by any connoisseur." - C. McCafferey, my purchaser and senior partner at Grobergh Associates

· Rock On
2,451 Posts
You might be surprised

We trash enough of these to consider some sort of change in registration and a "thread lock script" like the "DIY thread lock script"
(when we send them to the DIY site)

Usually we get to these before so many of you have seen them...and replied...

You're a funny bunch of painters

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.