21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You mean a photo gallery like we have on ContractorTalk.com or just a specific forum for pictures?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, that's easy enough to create. Does this fill the need with everyone else too?

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
As a new member, I'm finding all the topics interesting and informative. Once again thanks for this site, and I hope it will continue to flourish.

In a trade rife with stereotypes, I really appreciate the people who maintain a level of professionalism in the painting business. This includes knowledgeable contractors who understand how to run a business. They understand how to communicate with their customers, employees, and suppliers, in an ethical and professional manner.

It’s the pretenders out there, who are nothing more then glorified “side jobbers” trying to pass themselves off as legitimate contractors that, in my opinion, makes it harder for people trying to run a real business.

In California, the use of “cheap labor” perpetuates this problem.

To all you legitimate Painting Contractors out there, stick it out , and good luck!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Once your signed in that shold be the option at the top of that page on the navbar. Right?

·
Ohio Painting Contractor
275 Posts
As a new member, I'm finding all the topics interesting and informative. Once again thanks for this site, and I hope it will continue to flourish.

In a trade rife with stereotypes, I really appreciate the people who maintain a level of professionalism in the painting business. This includes knowledgeable contractors who understand how to run a business. They understand how to communicate with their customers, employees, and suppliers, in an ethical and professional manner.

It’s the pretenders out there, who are nothing more then glorified “side jobbers” trying to pass themselves off as legitimate contractors that, in my opinion, makes it harder for people trying to run a real business.

To all you legitimate Painting Contractors out there, stick it out , and good luck!

Great Post

·
Registered
35 Posts

Wish I could help you out bud but I'm scratching my head also after 9 years of being in business for myself! I'm going to try Az as my liscence is reciprical there.

I'd like to see;
1. Side by side sprayer comparisons
2. Actual paint comparisons by contractors rather than HD B.S.
3. Articles written by painting contractors with specifics as to products used
4.Solutions to uncommon problems page. (legal or not sometimes you have to do the unthinkable to make things work)
5. Sprayer page devoted to problems and solutions. (I'm factory certified in all major brands of sprayers)
6.Product evaluations everything from putty to caulking guns
7. I'd really like to see a link to paint talk forum on the header instead of contractor talk ! (no offense I'm a member of both)
8. Outstanding new products forum (link if you must)
9. I'd also like to see "my posts" at the top of the page in the header, controlled by all users to find their own posts quickly.
10. I'd like to see a highly professinal forum "Professional Help" forum. If I have a problem then I need help now!
11.Lacquer and fine finishes area.
I'll add more later as I think about them.

Rick

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Wish I could help you out bud but I'm scratching my head also after 9 years of being in business for myself! I'm going to try Az as my liscence is reciprical there.

I'd like to see;
1. Side by side sprayer comparisons
2. Actual paint comparisons by contractors rather than HD B.S.
3. Articles written by painting contractors with specifics as to products used
4.Solutions to uncommon problems page. (legal or not sometimes you have to do the unthinkable to make things work)
5. Sprayer page devoted to problems and solutions. (I'm factory certified in all major brands of sprayers)
6.Product evaluations everything from putty to caulking guns
7. I'd really like to see a link to paint talk forum on the header instead of contractor talk ! (no offense I'm a member of both)
8. Outstanding new products forum (link if you must)
9. I'd also like to see "my posts" at the top of the page in the header, controlled by all users to find their own posts quickly.
10. I'd like to see a highly professinal forum "Professional Help" forum. If I have a problem then I need help now!
11.Lacquer and fine finishes area.
I'll add more later as I think about them.

Rick
Sorry Rick, I was out on vacation when this was posted and missed it.

I'll try to figure out how we can do product reviews. I guess the question is should it be part of the forums are something seperate. For example I have an photo gallery as part of contracortalk.com but on this site we just have a dedicated forum for photos. Anyways... I'll keep thinking. Thanks for the suggestion :thumbsup:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Nathan, I cannot find a "how to post pictures for dummies" step by step.

I've got only basic photo editing programs on my end.
I crop, then reduce for web page posting, and I'm still twice the aceeptable 117k size for a jpeg.

Help ???
r
thank you

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thanks Pro, those are really straightforward instructions.
Should make it a sticky.

My prob is resizing the photo...
I shoot everything at highest res I can.
Then use an HP Image Zone program I got to crop it,
which makes it smaller pixel count...
Then, I resize it for web page display to cut down on the file size.
They just aren't coming out 100kb or less. they are 250kb and such.
there's got to be a freeware utility out there that will do it.
Just don't know what to look for.
Thanks,
r

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Bump! I see a lot of these have been implemented, NC suggested a product review in another post.

What else?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
FYI... an iPhone app for the site is coming in about two weeks. We should have an Android app a few weeks after that.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts