Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Be interested to hear why as well...
We had it a while ago, so I'm sure they updated many times since then, but I found it really unusable. I can't remember exactly why, some weird stuff like production rates based on the "covering" or coating as opposed to the substrate. When asking questions, the otherwise friendly lady had no idea what production rate estimating or anything else was. We haven't found anything we really like still.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Luke S. said:
We had it a while ago, so I'm sure they updated many times since then, but I found it really unusable. I can't remember exactly why, some weird stuff like production rates based on the "covering" or coating as opposed to the substrate. When asking questions, the otherwise friendly lady had no idea what production rate estimating or anything else was. We haven't found anything we really like still.
Hmmm don't you put in your production rates why would you use there's? As for support ? Must have been when they first started but its a great software program . I'm not sure what your looking for but there's several very good ones out now. Form simple excel spread sheet ones to complete packages offering CRM , proposals . Work orders etc. they all have demos.

·
Red Letters
32 Posts
Estimate Works by DevWave

has anyone tried Estimate Works by DevWave ?
We've been using Estimating Works Paint Pro for three years. It's an excellent program. In most situations we already know our numbers based on our business model. However, it's just good to cross reference and print out all your details in mins. An average estimate takes 10-15 mins to complete and email.

You will need to determine your own cost numbers and that will take a little time. I have found that it's pretty easy to use and customize to your own needs. You can customize all of their templates to look and function better for your own needs. However, it's not the "best". When someone makes that product it will sell well ;). The only company that has that is C pro.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Estimating Tool

Happen to come across your post and didn't know if you've found a tool that works for you.
I'm currently using a web based website called Plantangible and using my tablet for my estimates.
A friend of mine turned me on to it and he's estimating the same way. It saves everything you enter and auto populates.
The company told me they first where looking at landscape contractors, but were finding that other contractors from other trades were interested as well. I guess they are in the process of re-doing the front of their site to include these other trades.
They charge by the month and I can access it anywhere I get a internet connection. It really saves me time.
Here's there link, www.plantangible.com

Hope this helps you and others,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Softwares

I don't think estimate software can price anyone's work as there is too many variables but may give a guide line. I bid more on time and materials and what is the going price in our market. I am always higher cause I gave myself away for to many years. They say you get what you pay for.
I do use excel spreadsheets that I use to measure an exterior that multiplies x2 or x3 with my prices per square foot. I dump Quickbooks and have gone total mobile using Invoice2go which works on all my devices. Set up products with a description one time. I hand the phone to my clients to add personal information. I click products with rate I charge. I can do a quote and email from my phone in less than 5 minutes. Estimate with a couple clicks turns into invoice. Email or print Check is in the mail.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I'm currently eyeballing PlanSwift by Evergreen Technology. I know this thread is aging but.... anybody use that?

We been using the same homemade excel spreadsheet for decades, but its starting to show its age. Starting to think about finding something else to improve estimate speed and accuracy.

·
Registered
197 Posts
No it can be used for repaints to. Lease it for 70 month. Once you use it you will hate doing take offs by hand. Watch some videos and get the 14 day free trial.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just purchased Planswift9 yesterday after using the trial version. Mainly I wanted it for doing takeoffs on digital blueprints, as I get quite a few sent to me now. I don't have to pay to have each printed. It works well for that.
I also purchased the Painting starter pack that you can load with production rates and materials. Looks like a learning curve, but they include 3 hours of one to one classes online where they help set you up.
You could use it for repaints too after putting in production rates. It prints a proposal, breakdown sheet too.
I used to use EagleBid from Evergreen way back when, Im talking windows3.1, and dos. Quickbid too, those were great programs but Operating System changes left them in the dust.
I loaded Paintbrat on my iPad, and that works pretty well for $10,
Ill keep you posted, I did manage to bid three commercial jobs yesterday using Planswift, starting on a large one today.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I wanted to give you guys a update on plantangible.com. Been using it since May for my estimating and it's really help me with time savings. Not staying up late anymore working on quotes. Able to enter everything on my tablet to edit later or change to a PDF through Google and email right then to my potential customer. Got a project 2 weeks ago worth 15K and the customer said I had my quote to the that same evening, which only took an hour an a half to do. They've got a 30 day free trail. Recommended! Here's there link again, www.plantangible.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
This company provide extensive services in the field of business telephone systems, voip solutions, phone system services, voice cabling, data cabling, etc.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I just purchased Planswift9 yesterday after using the trial version. Mainly I wanted it for doing takeoffs on digital blueprints, as I get quite a few sent to me now. I don't have to pay to have each printed. It works well for that.
I also purchased the Painting starter pack that you can load with production rates and materials. Looks like a learning curve, but they include 3 hours of one to one classes online where they help set you up.
You could use it for repaints too after putting in production rates. It prints a proposal, breakdown sheet too.
I used to use EagleBid from Evergreen way back when, Im talking windows3.1, and dos. Quickbid too, those were great programs but Operating System changes left them in the dust.
I loaded Paintbrat on my iPad, and that works pretty well for $10,
Ill keep you posted, I did manage to bid three commercial jobs yesterday using Planswift, starting on a large one today.
Good old Eagle Bid:thumbsup: labor calc was a great little program as well.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts