Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Homewyse looks great, but it doesn't let you print out an estimate and it's full of ads. Did I miss a step where I could print out an estimate? It could be useful to work side-by-side with another program just to get some figures based on zip code.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone have suggestions on Estimating software for Structural Steel applications? I would be painting mostly beams, angles, steel plate, etc..... surface area is a lot harder to figure out... newbie here

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
I find "Joist" to be pretty good for what we have going on. Simple, I can build it whatever way I want. Works great on my phone or laptop. And it's free.

·
www.onlinebookkeep.com
22 Posts
Quickbooks Online can be used for estimates as a few have mentioned on this thread. The cool thing about QBO is that you can access on a mobile device and the estimate will integrate with your bookkeeping software. Plus, you can customize QBO's "product/services" line to fit how your estimate and markup your bids.
I have made a couple of videos on how to setup a painting business in QBO (
) and how to do an estimate using QBO (
).

·
Registered
13 Posts
It seems like there are a lot of opinions here and the estimate software is VERY different than it was just a few years ago.

I'm going to compile a list and do a comparison with reviews. Would you mind completing a quick 4-question survey? https://goo.gl/forms/jKpVJoZwSp2b49L03

I can be anonymous or feel free to leave your name/email if you'd like me to follow up afterwards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Use Jobber. Great program for those that want to be able to access your clients info, quotes, invoices and everything for your clients in one spot on any device. Keeps great management of what people owe you and allows you to custom make your invoices and quotes.
We were lucky to be the beta company that the whole program was based around around 6-7 years ago. Great people and they now have such a strong backing to them.

getjobber.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to find the best software to estimate and bid propasols?
I've been using Quotient for a few years. Quoting Software | Cost Estimates | Quotient
It's my go-to estimating software because I can templatize what I do a lot of (like two-story exteriors), I can add photos, and it integrates with Quickbooks. My main reason for getting it was the "click to accept" button at the bottom. Once my estimate is accepted, it automatically generates an invoice in Quickbooks for me to take a down payment or bill them later. I was tired of asking people to print, sign, and scan back their signed estimates. My experience is to reduce as much friction as possible in the estimating process and I've had positive feedback from hundreds of customers using Quotient. It's $25/month and it saves me hours of work a week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there.

I have a small painting company. I've used a lot of apps for invoicing, including quickbooks, wave, xero, etc. However, I came to conclusion that saldoinvoice is the best one in terms of simplicity and convenience. It has numerous templates and it gives you a possibility to synchronize all your invoices online.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts