Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Painting Company
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are a relatively new painting company in the midwest and are expanding rapidly (operating in 2 states, WI & IL).

I am looking for your advice to figure out which interior and exterior paint to use for our projects going forward in 2018-19 and would love some feedback from the Pros here.

Currently we have a Sherwin Account and I use:
-Exteriors: Sherwin SuperPaint

-Interiors: Sherwin SuperPaint or Behr Premium plus (Hdepot). Proclassic for trim.

-Exterior Stain Semi-trans: Defy Extreme (anything other than oil-based which is a real pain in my @$$)

-Deck Stain Solid: ? (Honestly, just do whatever they used before) or sherwin
Porch & Floor Enamel

-Deck Stain Transparent: Dont do many of these but curious on suggestions

I am open to every and all suggestions & preferences (the only wrong answer is no answer).

Excited to hear what paint/stain you guys loved and hated this past 2018 season!:help:

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
...hard pressed to find a better exterior product than Duration...interior is SuperPaint for average projects...Cashmere for higher end and Duration in high traffic/commercial spaces...few pics below of Duration interior 1 coat coverage over a deep red...other pic is PC on trim and Cashmere on walls... 20180921_104835_1538442566245.jpg
...I'm a ProClassic guy for trim and cabs...you may want to look into SWs Solo as it is sold as an Interior/Exterior...may save you some time being able to do both sides of a door with the same product... 20180601_105740_1538442620152.jpg 20180601_105740_1538442620152.jpg

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
so you are expanding your business by doing the same thing and using the exact same products every already existing painter in that market uses. Brilliant. Why not just use Walmart?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our interior painters in Chicago always try to upgrade our interior paint product to Sherwin Williams Emerald.

Emerald might be a little pricier but literally covers surface areas in 1 coat about 80% of the time and typically we just need to touch up a few thin spots here and there (outside of crazy paint color changes). Overall a great interior house paint that looks amazing with before and after photos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts