Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
BigD, I had to go back and reread my post. I couldn't find anywhere where I was kicking you down or even giving you a hard time. The reason I asked why you were licensed, was your rate seems to be of a unlicensed. That rate will keep anyone digging ditches. As you are bringing down the cost in our industry. Its not just a lose to you, but the whole industry. At some point you need to stop looking at as hourly rates rather as a unit cost.
Good luck, and no harm intended.

:censored:

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
Is this in the bylaws :lol: This isn't a court of law. :rolleyes: it's only right to assume that with 25 bucks an hour not every thing is going to be legit. Because it's not possible in this day and age, specially coming from someone conducting business in a demographic area, that is one of THE most expensive areas in the country to live and the highest taxed state. Being I am in a Cali as well, I would assume my assumption to be right :thumbsup:

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
Would have to disagree with ya, It's completely possible and I would bet there are many people who would love to make his income. Even up in NoCal there are people working for company's for over 15 years who are only making $14.00hr making it on their own.

$25.00hr = $1000.00 per week - take away taxes and overhead - leaves you $750.00. $750.00 x 50 weeks leaves you $37,500. for the year.

$37,500 is more then enough to live a decent life..

Pat
The OP is presenting himself as a business owner not a employee. Obviously that is more than a fair employee hourly rate. But as a business owner I think not! Unless you like making 5-10 bucks an hour after you paid overhead to be legit ;)

The only way I see this working is if you never reported your income. 25 bucks an hour is what I would charge, IF, I wanted to get some mad money :D

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
It's not whether you agree or disagree, debate or not, its the facts. The facts are 25 bucks is not practical for a legitimate business at least in Cali. and I see contractors do it all the time. Even if you were a owner operator acting under a sole proprietor, one would have to charge at least 35 an hour, anything less your just spinning your wheels. I haven't attacked the OP in any matter, I have confronted what seems to be Illegitimate, which I can not and will not ever condone. These threads are just another "going rate" which can and are deceiving. As I stated already, their not just hurting themselves but the industry as well, which we all legitimate business owner should be protective over.

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
Brother DaArch, not trying to pee in any ones river, and its perfectly fine if you do not agree with me. You don't need a degree to figure this one out, hell just a few days in business should give the revelation. I know that it doesn't matter what city you live in Cali, cause its the state laws and taxes which effect us Cali people. I'd highly doubt a clientele that makes 30k could even afford a painter for 25 bucks and those home that are averaging 14k, can you say "Mobil Home" :) being that I know what it takes to run a legitimate business in Cali, cause I do! I think I have a better understanding than ya do. So I will stop assuming and move on to, I know better :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.