Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
Well as long as we are getting political, I like Starbucks' pres Shultz saying to clean them ALL out and start anew.

And last night's CBS poll sowed that voters on BOTH sides are tired of BOTH sides. Both parties have approval rating of 28% and 19% (let's not even get into which party got what, it's absolutely inconsequential).

As many have been saying, it's NOT the Repubs OR the Dems, it's BOTH of them.

This has gotten to be some serious sh!t where none of the children in DC can come to ANY agreement and do SOMETHING that benefits the COUNTRY. All they think about is bringing tax dollars into their own district to get themselves elected.

AND please don't no one defend THEIR representative or THEIR party, they are ALL just as guilty as the next. We all need to disavow our party loyalties if we want this fixed. We need congress critters who have the well being of the COUNTRY as their primary interest.

If we were to have a political section, I wish that we could work on how to get beyond partisan politics and discuss how to fix a system that is terribly broken.

Again, please no party debates, let's look at the WHOLE picture.
Bill, the Solyndra deal was both parties fault Arnold (rep) and Obama admin (dem). There is no sides here.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I remember like it was yesterday when I posted one of my first posts.Jon paints response to my question was does it matter cause there will be another flood in new Orleans anyways.i guess karma is a biech.I love this site and get the humor but to get respect you must also give it.when asking a question I already know who will be a smart ass and who will be straight forward.besides fantasy football I can say pt second on my bookmarks on comp.:thumbup:

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Bill, the Solyndra deal was both parties fault Arnold (rep) and Obama admin (dem). There is no sides here.
I know that. I was taking off from that point.

And it's a shame that personal greed obviously drained the stimulus money. There's an industry that most would approve of getting a little start up help. It's a shame, really a disgraceful shame.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Well the HP thing is something I thought we should all be concerned with because it is such a good product to work with,and when,and if it fails we should all know what to do to correct it. The head phone thing as someone pointed out that they want to be able to hear their surroundings is the same as I believe. I just can't see any business oriented person using them at work on a everyday routine, but that is just me.

·
Registered
14,968 Posts
VP's post summed up so well where we've been, what we are, and where we're likely headed, I had to read it twice!

All I have to say is PT is the most interesting group I've ever been associated with, and wherever this forum leads I'll most likely follow.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
vp's post summed up so well where we've been, what we are, and where we're likely headed, i had to read it twice!

All i have to say is pt is the most interesting group i've ever been associated with, and wherever this forum leads i'll most likely follow.
+1 . .

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Well the HP thing is something I thought we should all be concerned with because it is such a good product to work with,and when,and if it fails we should all know what to do to correct it. The head phone thing as someone pointed out that they want to be able to hear their surroundings is the same as I believe. I just can't see any business oriented person using them at work on a everyday routine, but that is just me.
It is a personal choice decision. For me it's almost a necessity. It quiets those "voices". :whistling2:

No, seriously, with my ADD, it helps me stay focused.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
VP's post summed up so well where we've been, what we are, and where we're likely headed, I had to read it twice!

All I have to say is PT is the most interesting group I've ever been associated with, and wherever this forum leads I'll most likely follow.
+2
And I usually have to read most of VP's posts twice!:blink:

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
...Here on painttalk, you go from the thread where someone is doing something that appears to be absurd. Next thread over, Dean is about to smash his ipad, and RCP is about to hit "publish" and put out some syndication horsepower.

It is must watch tv, and some of us have been watching for 4-5 years. We've all gotten past the "Oh my God, we cant let the world think that one coat of Acme Exterior semi gloss on their new bathroom walls is going to be a good idea." But, its already been done. Time has a funny way of showing what worked and what didn't. And we can't control what people think anyway, no matter what we say.

So, painttalk becomes a stream of consciousness and oddness when you dump it all in such a large, highly visible pool. The splashes are bigger.

The painting trade is misunderstood by everyone who is not in it. Painttalk is here to help....
How many times have we gazed from the inside looking out, thinking it could or would be better if!? Or how many times have we/I have threatened to abandon this place, only to find ourselves back posting sometimes within minutes. Forums are like the stock market up and down driven by feelings. Most of us have bounced from forum to forum thinking this will be better, or more "professional" finding it just a different platform with the same old feelings, which is just the nature of the forums.

We can either grow and accepted the dynamic of the different characters or we can stay stuck in our heads believing we know it all. I have found that some of the meekest members here have more value in there post than the ones with the trumpet spit shining it for the next angelic moment. And the gods were pleased :D

·
Almost Gone
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I remember like it was yesterday when I posted one of my first posts.Jon paints response to my question was does it matter cause there will be another flood in new Orleans anyways.i guess karma is a biech.I love this site and get the humor but to get respect you must also give it.when asking a question I already know who will be a smart ass and who will be straight forward.besides fantasy football I can say pt second on my bookmarks on comp.:thumbup:
Interesting assessment.

I hope I'm not only the smartass commentator...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Send this worthless pig to the slaughterhouse.... Death to PT.com!!!

I for one like it here.... We are cynics by nature and enjoy abuse how could this forum be any better?

·
rdupainting.com
416 Posts
We aren't Corporate America (thank god) we are contractors... we are an abrasive, sarcastic, rough bunch anyways and I like it like that.. this is a cut throat industry and we must be able to be firm when needed and be smartasses and laugh it off when needed... I NEVER know what to expect day in day out dealing with commercial GC's, or homeowners that swear paint should be $20 a gallon... neither of which hurt my feelings.. I am ready to laugh quietly to myself or stand my ground... i try not to over think it.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I am pretty impressed by how often google pulls up a PT thread when something paint related is put in the search function. There probably isn't any other source I would be able to truly admit as to having such a vast array of knowledge both in business and application processes that makes me better at whatever hat I am wearing for my company at some particular moment.

This place rocks plain and simple.

OT threads. With google being so friendly to this place I try to limit my participation but a little bit is okay. Regarding change? Maybe a members only section with OT topics only. So the headphone selection while working won't be the first thing my customer see's when I suggest they come here and see the kind of people I seek advice from. :D Nah just kidding it's whatever the people here are pretty much the perfect crew for the whole of our industry imo.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Most of you guys are PT newbies to RCP and me. :yes:

The off topic threads are what makes a business forum human. Social. Interactive. Real life conversations are rarely linear and neither are forum threads. Its fun to read. Where else can I sit scratching, no shirt, hair sticking up all over, spew some crap and receive "thanks" for it?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts