Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I am currently doing my intership at a tape manufacturer in The Netherlands.

We are a convertor of self-adhesive tapes with its focus on Professional painting / masking tape.
We are currently developing a new kind of masking tape (washi masking tape/Japanse flat paper) which has many benefits over the traditional masking tape. (No adhesive residue, easy removable even after 4 months and multiple layers of paint, UV resistant, no paint bleed and works on almost every surface)

For my internship I have to research a possible expansion to the USA market. In order to execute this research in the best way possible I have to answer the next questions:
- What kind of masking tape / which brand does the professional painter in the USA use?
- How many rolls does he / his company uses per (for example) month or year?
- Where does he buys the masking tape? (For example; Home Depot, Sherin-Williams, directly from a distributor)

Since this is a very large and active forum with professional painters I was wondering if as many as possible could help me and answer this 3 questions about his own masking tape use.

Thank you in advance!

· Registered
4,250 Posts
We use 3M 2070 and 2080, Yellow Frog Tape, 3M regular beige. And various other specialty tapes such as automotive striping tape, high adhesion stucco tape, etc..

Probably 10-15 rolls a month with the 2070, 2080 and yellow Frog being the most used.

Mostly bought from SW, BM and other local suppliers.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.