Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
We do our own removal. Thanks to you and few other guys at CT.com we are pretty good at it.

As far as install, I rarely get asked and when I do I know a guy who I can sub it out too. A lot of the painters in my area do wall coverings but there aren't a lot of actual guys who just call themselves paper hangers anymore.

·
Rock On
2,451 Posts
I do removal

I don't recall being asked to hang
Well, if I was I said no
And I don't know any hangers to refer so...
I don't even know of any hangers locally

·
Painting Contractor
2,565 Posts
When approached by a customer to do any wallcovering, removal or installation, what do you do?

Tell them sorry, we don't do that?

Try to find someone to refer the job to?

Sub it out?

Try to talk them out of it, and blow some texture on the wall?

Look like a deer in headlights?
All of the above...
We remove our own, curse a lot and tell customer
that wallpaper installers are like arsonists, lawyers thieves etc.

They should never, never install wallpaper in their house again!

I get a feeling, you don't approve of that practice.

·
Registered
315 Posts
We remove our own, curse a lot and tell customer
that wallpaper installers are like arsonists, lawyers thieves etc.
:laughing:
That's what I wanted to say but I didn't want Tim to beat me up, you're in Canada so you can say whatever you want.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I had an interior decorator that sent me A LOT of work and I sent all my wallpaper needs to him. He usually turned it into a decorating job as well as wallpaper. I guess when people wallpaper they are in that mode a lot of times.

·
Go Cardinals!!!
145 Posts
I remove it, but if the customer wants paper hung I sub it out to a husband and wife team. The way I look at it is I don't like to hang paper and I don't consider myself good enough to charge for it. A man's gotta know his limits.:yes:

·
wallpaper & fabric instal
8 Posts
i do. :thumbup:

as far as recommending painting, i refer one guy who is great, fast, and clean. he's also not cheap, so he loses some jobs i refer to the muchacho's. if it's a small ceiling or just some walls in a room i may do it. if it's a big job or a lot of trim,door,windows,etc, i call him.

·
Super Moderator
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do both, wallcovering and painting. But the painting is limited to just interior, no exterior work (unless its something small like shutters or a door), and nothing fancy. No faux, venetian plaster, etc.

I did take on a job painting a big activity room in a church and I'll be painting stripes around the room. Just bought a wicked cool tool to help on it too.

See my new cool tool thread.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ooooooooo, now the gloves are off... was gonna say grats on the threepeat til that! :( Friggin orange and blue.. I mean, come on... they don't even go together.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts