1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
CraftJack
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
9,503 Posts
The huge percentage difference did surprise me as well. Could be that families with kids have less income. You would think it would be offset by the fact that homes with kids need much more frequent interior painting. Could be a combination of kids being expensive and the income captured by the survey would indicate to me that only 4,000 out of 12,000 have income to afford painting if they did have kids. Lack of education beyond hs also surprised me.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Those statstics don't applyto my reality though.
Statistics rarely do.
So why do people treat them as law?

What I need to know Gordon, is how successful your business was at generating business for your clients.
The "cool demographic" chart is fun and neat, but it offers very little in the way of useful data.

It really only gives us a view of the people contacting you, not if those same people used a contractor from your list.

Post a map of inquiries vs. sales, and we'll talk.

P.S. Target marketing Mommies, singles, dog lovers, cat lovers, lonely people doesn't work for construction...there's a thread here about reaching out to the gay community.
really.
I have yet to get a follow up on that endeavour.

·
Outhouse Painter
700 Posts
I think the people with kids kinda give up on having clean walls until the kids are gone. Same with having a nice car. Between balls hitting the car and hula hoops and all kinds of other crap, there's no point having something super nice with kids that are going to mark the stuff. Even with a 14yo that reads the newspaper a lot...black fingerprints everywhere.

·
CraftJack
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone else find it wierd that more people without kids were looking for painters than people with them? Could it be because kids suck every last dollar of a parent's discretionary income?? (I know mine do ;))
One thing to clarify is that the children stat means households with children living at home. So it doesn't mean they don't have any kids, it just means the kids are out of the house already. That may explain some of the difference...

Also, about 40% of the people are single in the first place, so almost all of them won't have kids...

·
"Member"
10,719 Posts
the type of people looking for a house painter in 2011:

More like "the type of people that look for a online referral company to get quotes from."

Kind of swinging from a broad brush there Gordo.

Also no sure if the info you posted is going to get you more customers. I really didnt find it impressive.

·
"Member"
10,719 Posts
Could you explain the percentages and the map? It's kind of misleading. Maybe a bar graph showing how many actual requests there were by each state would be a little more revealing.

All of the other information is useless.

Tell us how many per state and the value of their homes. The other demographics should fall in line based on the value of the homes.

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
More like the type of people that look for a online referral company to get quotes from.

Kind of swinging from a broad brush there Gordo.

Also no sure if the info you posted is going to get you more customers. I really didnt find it impressive.
Don't you get it? Leads are a numbers game. The more the better. Quantity over quality. It doesnt matter what, who or how the leads are. Leads are leads. And more is always better. :)

It is interesting to see what type of homeowners use a service like this. Contractors pay to get the info of the homeowner who used the service for free. Seems like an odd qualification dynamic. But I am sure there are contractors who love it. Like CL, AL, bni and everything else.

Whatever works.

·
CraftJack
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ross, how is that data compiled?
We got all the demographic Data from www.Rapleaf.com. They will provide you demographic data based on an email address alone. In fact, you can upload a list of your customer's email addresses and compare your demographics to ours. That may be interesting.

You can pay them if you want to get the demographics for each specific lead, but to get an overall report like the one I posted is free...

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
what was the # of leads given in 2011, and what % were sold?
Those numbers are more important to me.
Gordon, as a former client I feel you should answer my questions along with the 'easier' more 'promotional' style questions.

As a businessman that deals face to face with clients in their home I envy your ability to avoid answering certain valid questions posted online.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts