Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven’t been on this sight in a few years. I’m not sure if this post is even allowed so forgive me. Does anybody know a website or place to buy 3m or frog tape in bulk at a discounted price?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I haven’t been on this sight in a few years. I’m not sure if this post is even allowed so forgive me. Does anybody know a website or place to buy 3m or frog tape in bulk at a discounted price?
ebay - they are blemishes or 'seconds'. Have found that they are usually fine.

·
Monarchski
58 Posts
Your best bet is to bulk up when SW does the blue bucket sales. 35% off sundries.
In some areas like here in the Dallas area, 3M has a coupon they will give to painters that will order bulk for a rebate on cases of tape, plastic etc. The order goes through SW at a set price then you send in your rebate with a copy of your invoice and they mail you a check. It's for bulk orders only and God knows I hate SW but it can save you some money. One guy I know ended up paying about $8 bucks a roll for 9x400 3M plastic after his rebate. I think the tape is minimum 10 cases per size.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
In some areas like here in the Dallas area, 3M has a coupon they will give to painters that will order bulk for a rebate on cases of tape, plastic etc. The order goes through SW at a set price then you send in your rebate with a copy of your invoice and they mail you a check. It's for bulk orders only and God knows I hate SW but it can save you some money. One guy I know ended up paying about $8 bucks a roll for 9x400 3M plastic after his rebate. I think the tape is minimum 10 cases per size.
Yep, I just did one from PPG last month and got $120 back from 3M at great prices from PPG.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,123 Posts
Honestly. Tape is sooo rediculously expensive. ! Especially the good stuff. I don't even buy the "green painters tape anymore. Gave up on that years ago. Blue and Frog Tape exclusively. Liquid gold.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
We should order a skid, and distribute it amongst the members on here. Then we know it's fresh from the factory.
By the time you order a pallet and pay for shipping you would have been better off buying it from big orange. They're selling it practically at wholesale anyway.
Honestly. Tape is sooo rediculously expensive. ! Especially the good stuff. I don't even buy the "green painters tape anymore. Gave up on that years ago. Blue and Frog Tape exclusively. Liquid gold.
IPG blue and PG5 are some good tapes if you get the change to use them. I also like the 3M 2020+ orange tape..

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,123 Posts
By the time you order a pallet and pay for shipping you would have been better off buying it from big orange. They're selling it practically at wholesale anyway.

IPG blue and PG5 are some good tapes if you get the change to use them. I also like the 3M 2020+ orange tape..
Where do you normally find those Coco. Finding stuff out my way is enough to to make you lose your hair..HD?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Try the blue frog, its awesome too. Same adhesion as 3M, medium, but lines are sharp. I get 4pk of 1.5 or 3pk of 2 from SW for about $20.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts