Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question that I am sure I will gain many opinions - My question is why is Benjamin Moore paint so popular? its seems to be the most found on the internet by home owners. That you will find it on blogs, or forums as if it were the only paint that existed.

I have tried it and I was not happy with it. Not speaking of samples either.
I have tried in the last year:

Benjamin Moore - :( it is not my choice. I have tried it and had PP match my BM colors. Was not Aura. I have not tried it.

Valspar - I like and have used for years. Never had issues with.
Pittsburgh Paint - Manor Hall - works great
Pratt & Lambert- I really like the texture -covers well. Tons of Colors.
Ralph Lauren - great colors - quality of paint is not so great.
Martin Senour Paint - ceiling paint looks fabulous. Covers very well in one coat. One coat of Kilz over blood red paint/ One finish coat of MS on top - Done. Perfect. No bleeding what so ever.

I still do not understand the fever of Benj Moore - other than it markets it's paints over any other brand. I can't figure out why its so popular.

I want to try yet have not.
Mythic * is sold locally.
Milk Paint * sold locally
One thing is for sure. All Paints are not alike.

·
Paint Store Owner
5,550 Posts
I sell BM. I also sell other brands. I've used just about everything I sell....and a lot of products I don't sell. Overall, I like BM the best, from application to end results. Do they have the best product in every category? No. I find that their products fit the widest range of needs for the consumer. I can sell it with confidence that the average H.O will have a good experience. I can also sell knowing that contractors will have the same, so long as the product sold will fit the job at the right price point to maximize their profits.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Thanks for posting on PaintTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.