Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are many threads on here about work lights but I figured we were due for another.

So, just got gifted one of these Wobble Lights. The big one, not the jr. Was getting a little tired of banging my halogens around in the van, breaking parts off, getting too hot while using, etc. etc. Just tried it out and I have to say I like the 360 degree lighting. Thing doesn't seem to generate much heat which is nice. It's a little cumbersome in terms of weight, but not overly so.

Anyone else use these? Have any cautionary tips, suggestions?

Premium Member
I know there are many threads on here about work lights but I figured we were due for another.

So, just got gifted one of these Wobble Lights. The big one, not the jr. Was getting a little tired of banging my halogens around in the van, breaking parts off, getting too hot while using, etc. etc. Just tried it out and I have to say I like the 360 degree lighting. Thing doesn't seem to generate much heat which is nice. It's a little cumbersome in terms of weight, but not overly so.

Anyone else use these? Have any cautionary tips, suggestions?
Can鈥檛 go wrong upgrading from halogen. Lighting is pretty Important.
I鈥檝e never heard of the Wobble Light before now. It looks bright- did you get the newer LED version? What are the specs on your version? How many lumens? What color is the light?

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. When I first turned it on I was a little disappointed until I realized it takes 5 minutes to come up to that level. First time I ever saw one was on a new construction site. Everything was primed and I swear it was blinding. The brickers were working on the outside of the house and their boss came in and asked the GC to turn the thing off as they were getting blinded by the light coming through the windows.

I'm pretty sure I've got the LED version, but haven't seen it mentioned on the light itself.

Registered
Property Manager
When I was in the marine industry we used them because they were safer than halogens, throw light 360 degrees and can't be knocked over, an important feature since previously we used halogens which were a hazard with all the flammable liquids we used.
That was a nice gift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts