Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched everywhere for a pair of white women’s painters
I have gone on Carhartt in degrees in and many others websites when I have googled painters pants and women
I am a size 2 or zero
Any ideas anyone I am working on the commercial side in the general contractor requires white paint or paint in men’s do not fit me

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,574 Posts
I have gone on Carhartt in degrees in and many others websites when I have googled painters pants and women
I am a size 2 or zero
Any ideas anyone I am working on the commercial side in the general contractor requires white paint or paint in men’s do not fit me
Your not alone. Have you searched on Amazon.? Most woman Painters that I know just buy white pants unrelated to the construction industry.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Just working on some stuff that's not painting, but has info about painters...

According to Bureau of Labor Statistics numbers, the percentage of "Painters and paper hangers" who are women is about 8%. This will certainly contribute to making it harder for women to find suitable apparel. Small market. And among the trades, it's actually the highest percentage. (E.g. .3% of masons are female. 1.5% in HVAC, 2.3% of plumbers, etc.). So that doesn't help either.

·
Premium Member
15,215 Posts
I don't understand what the problem is. I rarely found a pair of painter pants that fit. They would shrink in all kinds of awkward ways, but I wasn't trying to make a fashion statement, so I lived with it. I did find coveralls to be the most comfortable. The overalls never fit correctly because the straps would always fall off of my narrow shoulders.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
I am a size 2 or zero
I still chuckle every time I read the first sentence of this post. I started to post that I was available, but I work alone and she was looking for a pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,529 Posts
I'm pretty sure AngieM started a thread specifically about this issue a year or two ago that might have something to offer. I'll see if I can find it.

Here we go:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey I've seen ads for stretchy(!!!) work pants from dovetailworkwear.com. They look awesome. Pricey though. I've just been wearing an old pair of jeans because f*$& it, I'm tired of spending money:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am a size 2 or zero
I don't understand what the problem is. I rarely found a pair of painter pants that fit. They would shrink in all kinds of awkward ways, but I wasn't trying to make a fashion statement, so I lived with it. I did find coveralls to be the most comfortable. The overalls never fit correctly because the straps would always fall off of my narrow shoulders.
Wait, did you just mansplain to a woman about how men's pants should fit her??? LOLOLOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am a size 2 or zero
I think I didn't reply to your question, so here is my reply in case you don't see my comment:
Hey I've seen ads for stretchy(!!!) work pants from dovetailworkwear.com. They look awesome. Pricey though. I've just been wearing an old pair of jeans because f*$& it, I'm tired of spending money:)

·
Premium Member
15,215 Posts
Do the expensive ones fit better? I'm also looking for something other than the Dickies
I thought the more expensive Carhartt's would be the ultimate in painters pants, but I might as well have wrapped potato sacks around my legs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts