Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I have not tried E&J, after reading through this thread I might need to though. Don't believe I've ever seen any around here
E&J are found at local Ben Moore stores in the PNW, though switched packaging to the new company name of Whizz.
I was buying E&J and Corona and giving them away to fellow painters, across the country, Canada and Australia, until the last one was gone here... then I picked up some Whizz models... not as exciting now to have a Whizz compared to a real E&J (Gen X, or Y). Never cared for the "N" nylon one personally.

Wooster Alphas were a big disappointment after 1 use every time. They don't cut well. Bristles turn to crud and they become rigid.
If you haven't tried a Proform Blaze 3" Oval I highly suggest those!!! They hold and release SO much paint it's effortless. Find them at painterssolutions dot com (Good company).
Another neat one is the Allpro Monet 3" oval. It's like a Picasso but thicker, and with a hardwood handle.
The stores can order them with either EJ or whiz branding..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions! Always open to looking for improvements. Speaking of Whizz i've been using their 3/8 microfibers for smooth finishs on trim and doors etc, really like them.

·
Administrator
20,036 Posts
LOL, obviously it was not nuff said. Never is.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Anyone try the Wooster Pro? Available only at home depot.
A little late on the reply, but, I'm a big fan. For cut-ins they are the bomb. Relatively cheap at $12 per brush, they last a long time. Other brushes (as mentioned) are likely better, but, for the price and availability, you can't beat the HD Wooster Pros. SW has the Contractor series of brushes which are just a step below the Wooster Pros.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A little late on the reply, but, I'm a big fan. For cut-ins they are the bomb. Relatively cheap at $12 per brush, they last a long time. Other brushes (as mentioned) are likely better, but, for the price and availability, you can't beat the HD Wooster Pros. SW has the Contractor series of brushes which are just a step below the Wooster Pros.
Agreed, Wooster Pro step above contractor series. Contractor series not built right, and finishing/processing of filaments is inadequate. Wooster Pro's put chemically tipped filament and that gives it a performance boost for pickup and release (won't last as long though).

21 - 28 of 28 Posts