Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you work weekends?

I typically don't with the exception of one of my most faithful customers, I help her hang blinds, move furniture, hang mirrors... easy stuff

she's almost 90...went over once with wifey and introduced her...all she wanted me to do was hang a very heavy and large mirror (main reason I brought wifey). I was not going to charge her a dime, one of those...thanks for all the business times, she dropped me a $50

oh, back to the question...do you work weekends?

·
Rock On
2,451 Posts
I try not to
But I will

I have had some commercial customers where weekends truly was the best time (no customers)
I didn't really have a problem with it, and charged accordingly

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
I try not to
But I will

I have had some commercial customers where weekends truly was the best time (no customers)
I didn't really have a problem with it, and charged accordingly
ditto what slickshift said, recently we did a dentist office i felt i need to be around, at least on call. But i really prefer not to and generally dont, you only have so many sat before you die, i want to enjoy them:thumbsup:

·
Go Cardinals!!!
145 Posts
I usually don't mind working Saturday's but its usually because the weather put me behind during the week. The wife has to work weekends sometimes so it doesn't bother me. Sundays are usually reserved for me. Summer time when my pool is open is a different story, you'll find me by the pool all weekend.:whistling2:

·
The Lurker
3,514 Posts
I will also in exterior season if we get a total wash out day. Also I do some offices on a recurring schedule which its easier to bang them out in a few long Sat and Sun, but we may take a day off in the week.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If we need to yes, certain commercial jobs require nights even... but in general, no... like to grill out and hide in the A/C during the weekends. ;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
For residential, I never worked weekends.
Took EVERY holiday !

Now, doing more commercial, work nights, saturdays, & sometimes part of Sun if that's what it takes to Git er Dun .
But don't have to like it!
r

·
Paint to ride!
230 Posts
Vacation and family time is very important. We take two vacations a year one with the whole family and one with just my wife. Having said that our company does work 3/4 of all Saturdays March-November. If the demand is there you better step up
I am usually off from mid Dec through mid Feb, it is a good break so Saturday working I don't complain, it is what affords my Winter trips and time off in warm country.;)
Ben.PTL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts